When you purchase a new printer, the very first requirement you need to consider for printing the documents is “connect the printer to a computer”. It is a very easy process to connect the printer to the computer and once you have successfully connected your printer, you can take the printouts. Here is the process to connect the printer to the computer.
How to connect to the printer?
Set the printer nearby the computer
- Make sure that your printer is close enough to your computer so that it can be connected without any hassle.
Turn on the printer
- Press the power button on the printer -you have to click on the power button icon on a printer.
- Your printer should be plugged into the power outlet.
Turn on your computer and unlock it, connect the printer to the computer using a USB cable
- It is quite simple to connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable, this will set up and install your printer automatically and make your printer ready to use.
Click on the start button
- Click on the windows logo present at the left corner of your screen in the bottom.
Go to the settings
- You can see the settings icon on the lower side of your “Start Window”.
Click on the devices
- The option is present on the top side of the settings window.
Click on the printer and scanners
- You can see this tab on the window’s left side.
- Click on “Add printer of the scanner “
- To connect a printer, click on the “add printer or scanner” present at the top of the page.
Click on the name of your printer and “add device”
- Choose your printer ( name model and model number). If you are not able to find your printer then choose the link “ The printer that I want isn’t listed” below “add printer or scanner” button.
Follow the onscreen instructions.
- You may require to customize the settings as it depends on the printer you have. Once you are done with the process, your printer is ready to use.
- If prompted, insert the CD you got with the printer in the disc slot of your computer.
- If you do not have a CD then you can download the software from the website of the manufacturer.
These steps will help you to connect the printer to the computer. Make sure you follow the steps in sequence as one wrong move will result in the failure of the entire process.