Why my printer is offline? This question haunts a lot of users number of times. Due to the HP printer offline issue, users are not able to interact with a printer or print any document. When the printer is offline it gets paused, you need to fix the issue to continue with your work. So, if you have a question “Why my printer offline” then, follow these steps and fix the printer offline issue.
My printer is offline, how do I get my printer back online?
Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Open the control panel.
- Find out “devices and printer” link and click on it.
- Right click on the printer which you are presently running on your computer and choose “ see what’s printing” in the context menu.
- Printer’s driver window will appear on the screen. Click on printer option present at upper right corner and from the drop-down menu untick the “pause printing” option ( if it is ticked”.
- Now try to take printout.
Restore the Printer drivers
- Click on windows key and write “device manager”. Click on the same which appears as the best match.
- In device manager, find out the “printer” category and double-click the option.
- You will able to see the HP printer name, right click on the name and choose the uninstall option from the list.
- Click on OK button.
- After the installation, you will not able to see the printer category. Thus, to bring back Printer category, click the “scan for hardware changes” icon present on the menu bar.
- Refresh once and you will able to print again.
Update the drivers
- Right click on the start button and choose the “device manager”.
- Double click on the printers, find your printer and right click on the printer and choose “update driver”.
- Click on the option “manually install the printer”.
- Choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer“.
- Click the latest version and tap to next and install the drivers.
Follow the given steps and solve the “My printer is offline” issue. Make sure that you follow the steps in sequence to mitigate the issue.